Thursday, February 4, 2010

The biggest loser....


The Hospital I work at has set up 'The Biggest Loser' competition that is going to run over the next 16 wks. A great incentive for those of us that
would like to shed a few lbs and as the program comes to an end ....everyone will actually be stepping into spring already with (hopefully ) well ingrained 'good habits' in our lifestyles. .... 'sides there's abit of cash involved for the winner :)
So today kicks off my first official day of the competition with a few goals in mind. One is to surpass my weight goal for height and age that is recorded with the program and to get abit more conditioning on Derby for upcoming shows this year. As well keep at the stock training which certain should help keep my metabolism bumped up.
So with carhartt coat/vest /toque and winter boots (nothing too fancy about me :) I make the trek down the road with Derby on 6 ft leash...at a brisk walk. He's quite happy to trot out infront of me at a steady pace so first day is 3/4 mile down the road and back for 1.5 miles. The tree line at the end of the road is a mile...my goal over the next few days is there and back....makes for a 2 mile brisk walk.
Now to make myself drink several glasses of water in a day...which is likely my biggest challenge to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am in the process of writing an article for The Stockdog Journal about stockdog blogs. I have been writing my own stockdog blog (www.thestockdogdiaries.com) for about a year now and have become a fan of many other stockdog related blogs. It is a very interesting venture and I find it very intriguing how different bloggers use their stockdog blogs for different things.

    I would absolutely appreciate it if you would be willing/able to take a few moments to answer the questions below in regards to your blog. I hope to be able to include as many different bloggers as possible, as well as their blog addresses. If you do not wish for your blog address to be published, please let me know and I will gladly follow your wishes!

    *********************

    How long have you been writing your blog?

    Why did you decide to start a blog about your dogs?

    What is the main focus of your blog?

    How often do you post/update your blog?

    What kind of feedback have you gotten?

    What has surprised you most about the blog?

    Do you have ads on your blog?

    Do you charge for people to read your blog? If so, why?

    What stockdog blogs do you subscribe to?

    Do I have permission to print your blog address with my article?

    ***********************

    Responses can be emailed to me at waylonaussies@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    Ferreh Hiatt
    Waylon Australian Shepherds

    ReplyDelete