Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Penny for your thoughts...

Husband thought I lost a screw a few weeks ago when I was hanging up a couple of ziplock bags of water containing a penny outside in our front porch.
He actually snorted in disbelief and walked away shaking his head.
. ..flies seem to be part and parcel of farm life and when I read this great tip on the Aussie Herders ... thought 'what the heck, I'll try it'.
A few days later my husband made the remark that a person should go out and patent it before someone else grabs on to such a great idea :):)
Anyways...yes it does work...the fly's that usually hang out sunning in our open outside porch is now ZERO population...which means no nuisance
flys in the house.
Interestingly not a new idea but one passed along..since it was posted on the Herders list have either seen it at other people's places or have
talked to someone who has seen it before.
Why does it work ?
.....something to do with the design of the fly's eye (compound ) and the way the sun shines /reflects through the water on the penny.
Anyways something cheap and 'green' in this world of pesticides worth trying.

1 comment:

  1. I read that too on the AH list and I look forward to trying it. I wonder how many it would take to keep them out of the barn...???

    ReplyDelete