Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Signed up for a few herding clinics...

Brutally cold out with the wind chill...Haven't been able to move my sheep out of the barn yet. No one home to watch them for lambing since I was on another stretch of nights and the rest took off to watch youngest son Wyatt's boxing match in S'toon on the wkend. ( he won....I hope to catch his next match in March )
Amateur boxing is much like fencing for points under a Three judge system....three rounds and all judges have to see the 'point'
for it to be earned. Started out 2-2 first round and ended with the last round 15-4 for Wyatt....the other guy had the height/longer reach
advantage which makes for abit of different strategy in the ring.
Signed up for some herding clinics this spring and summer, as those spots fill quickly. Not sure which dog I'll take to each one but know
that my chore work with Quade makes for some sloppy trial work ( finese' always seems to go out the door )
Need to work on those square flanks as well get him off the farm and working in different locations/stock so we can get over an ongoing issue of 'red zoning' anytime we go any place 'new'. It's like I packed up a green dog full of adreneline with deaf ears.... 'red zoning' aka ' higher than a kite' not the dog I use day in and day out....frustrating ...yep. However , I couldnt ask for a better chore dog for 'me'.
Both Reba and Fly want to work cattle so I'm pleased to find that out , even tho' it wasnt planned to discover that tidbit during chores one day.
Sting looking thick in the waist and was off food several wks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment