Monday, August 1, 2011

July...

Poof..it's gone.
Not sure where it went but disappeared like a quick flash. ( why cant a winter month go by this fast )
Haying season continues, not that we have lots of land..it's the time thing...squeezing it in on available day light hours when we both work off the farm....AND working around wet mornings as well rain. Bales with too much moisture heat up and end result is a moldy bale....or worse yet catch fire. More than one farmer has pulled bale stacks apart when they see or smell things heating up. All the hawks in the area have set up shop in the fields, now that the grass is short. Wish I had my camera with me at times as a person can get really close before they fly off to the next round bale....waiting for their next meal to try and scoot by.
Husband off for next 3 days which really means 'no days off' to catch up on 'my stuff'. All the bales need hauling in to the bale yard here. Machinery needs more repairs ( ongoing with old equipment ) Yard work and garden work is everyday. Rasberries and peas getting picked most evenings. Beans need processing this wk.
I need to get a few extra meals made and in the freezer as I'm gone in a few wks to sheep camp. Have camping to pack for, along with what I need to for all the dogs and Herding Trial.
Pups growing well. Pictures later this wk.

No comments:

Post a Comment