Monday, September 14, 2009

Black Forest Cake


Will be gone for 10 days so busy trying to catch the yard up for fall/winter and get the garden tidied up and processed.
Overall the garden didnt grow well this year d/t lack of rain as well so late with a miserable cold spring....
so not much for cukes and beans to do up. Not enough for pickles, just a few for fresh eating.
I had planted extra tomatoes since the first plantings had such a rough go but ended up growing
inspite of weather conditions so looks like I'll be looking for tomatoe recipes when I get
back from Nationals ( as long as the guys remember to cover them if it freezes while I'm gone ! )
Corn is just nicely getting ready to hit the freezer.

Busy making meals and freezing for the field...harvest is in full swing so early mornings ending late in the evening.
( no one will have the extra time to make their meals with chores / my dogs left at home , so have
10 days worth to make it easier for them )

Here's a quick & easy recipe someone at work gave me for a

Black Forest Cake.....
- Line a cake pan with miniature marshmallows
- Do up a choc cake recipe and pour on top
- Spoon on top of that Cherry pie filling ( I used the diet pie filling )
Bake until done ( use the tooth pick test )

Just tried it today and yep it bakes up pretty slick with the 3 layers

No comments:

Post a Comment