Friday, September 18, 2009

Caitlands Two Minute Warning


...is a black bi daughter of Quade x Jinx that I've had a few starts with long lulls inbetween training sessions.

I've gotten too comfortable with working one dog ...kinda like a good old pair of shoes that fits so well a person hates to trade off for a new pair...even when it's well past time.

I really do need to be more consistent with my training sessions with all the young dogs here as honestly dont have an excusable 'excuse' ....not to. It's more like falling into a bad training rut on my part...making a few training notes
on my calendar helped before...quick glance at it told me I hadnt worked 'Sting or Dare' for a couple of days.

Sting works much like her dam and 1/2 sister Dare...not pushy dogs on stock....biddable & certainly want to please a person.
Each started with some one-sidedness / overflanking. With Sting I ended up in a smaller pen so I could help her in a smaller space / less working distance to help correct it, then moved out into a bit bigger pen.
Noticeable difference in just a couple of sessions.

I've marked on the calendar ' WHO have you worked this wk ? ' as a reminder to not let time slip by again.

No comments:

Post a Comment