Wednesday, May 19, 2010

House Fairies




Waiting on a phone call to be returned...pet peeve of mine....hate waiting for return calls when I've got pressing things that need to be done.
All main meals cooked and with a little prepping left to do with the fresh vets/fruit just before I leave for herding clinic. Electric fence up for the sheep
to graze in a different location...hope we get a little rain so I can spike in the ground another graze so family can move them while I'm gone. It was worth picking up extra bundles of electra netting a few years ago to have set up when the ground wasn't like cement.
Did manage to get a few field meals in the freezer, dandelions taken care of and most of the grass cut on our farm...need to get across the road to cut the neighbors as well in town to cut the training building yard. Good Neighbor fence is up and I don't have to keep reminding my neighbor to 'not' let his dog use
my side for his personal potting space....ended up digging up where his dog destroyed the grass and need to landscape 'something' in its place.....have shrubs to remove where a combination of dog /winter damage has toasted them. Have bags of top soil, manure and composting material sitting in a corner...looks a little shabby until I can get a flower/shrub bed done up. Doing a 'no dig bed' my sister Deb (the avid gardener) suggested....easy to do....put layers of composting material, overlap thick layers of newspaper and top soil/manure...keep moist and let nature do the work....you dont need to spade up your bed ...hence the name.
However I did dig up some to get it started...now make time to finish the first part of the project.
Need a day to process my flock of sheep...trim hooves, deworm and band tails.
Need a couple of days to finish the outside painting at the training building.
Need a couple of days to bath/groom dogs and get rid of the winter undercoat that needs to finish coming out.
The house fairy hasnt shown up...you know the one where magically the house / laundry gets caught up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment