Friday, May 14, 2010

Things are hectic but enjoying it :)


Been taking 1/2 hour last couple of days to graze sheep in various corners on the farm that arent worth fencing off....so coffee cup in one hand & stock stick
in the other ( more or less to lean on ) and Quade...we bring the flock of 28 through a 3 foot gate with the idea not to be a hurry otherwise lambs
get seperated from moms and panic on the wrong side of the fence. It's basically patience work to gather, come through a small opening and let them graze with the dog holding the sides...now if I had a lap top I could really multi task and catch up on emails while enjoying the sunshine/outdoors.
All water tanks filled for the wkend since I'm on a stretch of night shifts. Neighbor delivered my hay bales to patch me through this spring. I need to make time
to set up my electric fence over at the other neighbors to graze some patchs that have not been grazed/cut for hay for literally years. Will park the stock trailer over there to put the sheep up at night since I'm still concerned about coyotes. Project for next week while I'm doing up meals for the herding clinic as well the freezer for field meals since seeding has started and I'm gone over the long wkend.
Yesterday made time to get Jinx on mats after her bath...wanted to use her as my demo dog for classes since she is good with both people and strange dogs.
Certainly made her day to get off the farm with the extra attention. Thrilled to see she didnt miss abeat with her Obedience work with all the time off from doing much in that dept for pretty much a year. Bonus will be able to practise her long sits/downs with a group of dogs without driving long distances.
Have a good bunch of class dogs that are coming along great...would love to have them help with demo's for the Open House later this summer ( when I'm done with renos' etc ) as well would be fun to do something outdoors at the building for the towns 100th birthday celebration since we are just a block off the main drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment