Friday, November 20, 2009

2nd Agility class...


Just notes to look 'back on' from some future date to see how far we've come
Derby driving through 2 tunnels with curve in last one.
Holding his stays fairly good
Doing weaves with wires/open channel
Contacts with back chaining the bottoms
Doing the dogwalk with loaded targets

Took Fly to the class which follows Derbys.
She hasnt seen equipment since last winter class so
abit wild on contact equipment....worked on bottoms to
reinforce 2 On 2 Off ( I'm not interested in teaching any
of my dogs running contacts....I need a solid pause there )
Worked on a release to 2nd target from the contacts
Did some distance work being aware of my body language
with 'triangles' and 'indirect pressure' on dogs 'path'

Fly has solid start lines , everyone here is taught to sit stay
and proofed on that everyday at meal time and everywhere else
I can fit it in while doing chores/yard work. It's one lesson that
gets taught from the time they are pups and built up on with proofing.

Wish it wasnt 3 hours on the road to do agility ....if it was closer I'd try
and get in at least another session during the wk. Between calving season and winter storms in Jan, it's going to be tough getting to the 2nd set of classes so will have to try and make it to the odd drop in training nights.


I need to find a building to rent in my area to set up my equipment for winter training.

No comments:

Post a Comment