Thursday, November 12, 2009

Forming good habits....




Hit the stage several days ago.
You know where if you do something 'x' amount of times , it becomes an important part of your routine and if you miss a session it *really* bothers you....and I truly hated missing a training session the other day esp with the weather being decent and winter arriving any day.
Still working the flock out in the neighbors stubble field which not only gives me a bigger area to work ( no fences or obstacles to work around )
it's giving me the added bonus of sheep not content to 'park in one spot'...they are unsettled out there so makes for me having to be quicker on read > decisive action...something a person needs when trialing :) sometimes it makes for alittle more walking on my part to make sure I set it up for success before the sheep take off looking for the next bit of 'green' .
Quade is reading his stock well on the lift / fetch back to me ...since it's a flock there is some wear back there and he covers his sides /draw well.
The release/send improving which affects the flanking > top.....it's coming... but think I need to get together with Joan & Lill for a pair of eyes to see if I'm on track. Came away with a smile on my face...lots of good boys when he was right ....sure felt like a good session.
Sting's sessions continue & have all been an improvement on the previous one as we work more in the open sheep pasture.
Derby's first agility class tonight...looking forward to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment