Monday, November 2, 2009

The blue tag reads '67' RAM....







He's the new ram lamb. A Dorper x Kat cross that my husband picked up for me while away at a dog show a few wks ago. I wanted to keep my flock as 'hair' but wanted to add abit more weight to the lamb crop so will see what we get next spring for a lambs.
Figured I'd stick with ram lambs since they challenge a young dog less than a mature one and I cant be bothered watching my back with a mature breeding ram during chores. They really are a pita to have year round,so once breeding season is over, the bardizzo's come out....they end up being another training sheep.
Working Sting in the sheep pasture, we havent been in a small pen since August. We seem to be managing just fine out there ....working on steadying up on her stock. She really is enjoying working her sheep everyday, turns herself inside out after each session when you tell her what a good girl she was ... she so wants to please.
Did I mention how much fun she is to work :)
Worked 'off balance work' ( 2 different exercises...starting off balance & ending on balance and vice versa ) with Quade...note to myself ...I have to be conscious of how I open my shoulders so my body language is clear; it's coming along....would help if it was like breathing and I could just go out and do it without _thinking_it_out_....good thing he is a tolerant dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment